Tuesday 1 May 2012

Why did Oskar Emil disappear from Amazon

Hi,

I have recently found a good catch on Amazon from a seller called Oskar Emil, with his email "oskaremil@live . com".
Interestingly enough he asked me to send him a direct email to his email address oskaremil@live.com.
After a while, I saw that this seller has disappeared from Amazon, however, he kept emailing me directly on the details of my order... He asked my phone number and my mailing address in order to ask Amazon to send me the shipment.
Of course I became suspicious but kept my communication with him to see what we are going to end up with and here is below the communication with him to give you an idea:
First the request of my address:
"....If you want to buy send me your phone number,full name and address and i will contact Amazon asap to process your order. Despatch is by normal Royal Mail services which takes 1-3 days depending on where in the UK you are.My return policy is full money back in 14 days."

Nice, I sent him my address and then he sent me the order and here is the order details, and by the way, the email comes in Amazon's name, but sent via Yahoo, another way to say that he is pretending to be Amazon and here are the Payment details:
ment Details:
The seller requests to be paid via MoneyGram® Money Transfer.
To submit the payment with MoneyGram Money Transfer you have the following option:
Pay for the transfer with cash at a local MoneyGram agent.
Click here to locate the agents in your area.

To confirm your payment with Amazon send the payment detaills from Money Gram: Confirm Payment
Use this secure way to confirm your payment only if you feel unsafe to release the payment details directly to your seller.If you need further assistance contact Customer Center by Clicking here
Once the payment was sent, provide the following information:
1) Reference Number (MoneyGram Reference Number):
2) Sender name :
3) Sender address :
4) City where you sent the money from:
5) Amount sent:
Then wait for the confirmation that the payment was received. After that you will receive the tracking number for your product.

The funds will not be released under any circumstances! We will hold the payment until you will send us your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agree to keep the item. When we will have your confirmation we will transfer the funds to the seller. If the item it is not what was described you will ship it back to the seller and we will refund your money 100%.
E-mail Address: oskaremil@live.com
Ship from Address:
Oskar Emil
Albion Way 12
Leeds
LS12 2EP
United Kingdom

Payment Address:
Angel Sabio
56 Leoforos
Argostoli
281 00
Greece



Now as you can see, the guy lives in Greece and wants me to send him the money directly. Clever!
I am posting this guys, so that just you be aware!!! All comments and experiences are welcome



4 comments:

JonSinclair said...

Cheers for that I seem to be a few email behind you on that!

Richard Goodman said...

I am contacting the seller right now about an iPhone 4S he has advertised. Basically the exact same wording of the email too. Thank you for the heads up!

Michol said...

Thanks for the information, I just had the same experience. I become suspicious as the price was more than half and he said the item is new with warranty...a long shoot since even the used ones have a double price. Be aware other potential clients:)..And thanks again for the info!

Emma__x said...

Hey,

I was also caught out with this. Was warned by family never to use Moneygram, and the payment being in greece.. well.

I also got a rather convincing "Amazon" invoice for it, only the links up the top dont work.

So glad Im not the only one.